Current Positions Available
We are currently recruiting for the positions outlined below. For other general job enquiries please feel free to get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal Research Fellow/Transition and Reintegration Lead
For the past seven years and in partnership with RSL Queensland, GMRF researchers have established a nationally and internationally recognised research program investigating the physical and mental health challenges faced by the veteran community. Funding for a further five years is assured.
Our goal now is to build upon the current body of veteran health research through the expansion of key research initiatives and to progress translational projects to further enhance the health and well being of veterans, their families and the wider community.
GMRF is closely affiliated with the University of Queensland.
The Principal Research Fellow/Transition and Reintegration Lead (PRFTRL) will lead the Transition and Reintegration Research team to work towards improving the understanding of and treatment of mental health among ex-service personnel and the wider community.
The PRFTRL will have an exciting opportunity to lead a multi-disciplinary team, foster a collaborative culture, and further develop Transition and Reintegration research programs and research priorities.
The PRFTRL will establish productive and mutually beneficial relationships with research collaborators, and will be expected to lead the research to the next level, building upon the existing strengths and relationships.
- A PhD or equivalent in mental health research or in another relevant area, with 10 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in study design (qualitative and quantitative), data collection and analysis.
- A significant track record in mental health research as evidenced by high impact publications, with internationally recognised achievements in the field.
- A track record of leadership in mental health research, a demonstrable capacity to develop, support and grow multi-disciplinary teams involved in mental health research and research translation, and a commitment to supporting research conducted by existing researchers at GMRF.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and maintaining strong collaborative national and international academic relationships with leading scholars.
- Demonstrated academic leadership including supervision and mentoring of staff and students, strategic development, and organisational and business management skills.
- Experience as a research leader including attracting and managing external research funding and grants.
- Experience in leading a collaborative research program or cooperative research entities.
- Experience working with/knowledge of the veteran community.
This is a full time permanent role. An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Salary sacrificing will be available.
For further information and confidential queries please contact Julieann Keyser, HR Advisor by email: email@example.com or phone
+61 (0)7 3394 7284.
All applicants must supply a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria (above) and resume.
To submit an application for this role, please use the Apply for this job button below.
Applications close at 4pm, Friday 9th April 2021