Current Positions Available
We are currently recruiting for the position outlined below. To apply, click the link, or call the Foundation on 07 3394 7284 for more information about these opportunities.
For other job enquiries please contact Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation at email@example.com
Research Officer/Clinical Psychologist
The Foundation is currently seeking a highly organised and flexible clinical psychologist/researcher to support the GMRF veteran research initiatives.
Support the team of the Veteran Mental Health Initiative in delivering psychosocial research outcomes. This will be done through the following:
- Conduct clinical psychological assessments and screening in line with research protocols.
- Facilitate group therapy/interventions in line with research protocols.
- Conduct psycho-education and training for health practitioners working with the veteran community.
- Develop clinical resources required for projects in line with research protocols.
- Contribute to protocol development for new and existing research projects focused on veteran mental health and well-being.
- Complete human research ethics applications.
- Coordinate and manage the timelines for several psychosocial research projects.
- Conduct literature reviews, data collection, data analysis and write manuscripts/reports
Communication and Liaison activities:
- Present research findings at academic conferences.
- Present research information and findings at community and veteran specific forums.
- Attend relevant stakeholder forums, meetings etc. to promote the activities of the Foundation.
- Registered psychologist and clinical endorsement with AHPRA
- Post-graduate qualifications in clinical psychology (Doctorate/PhD)
- Experience in the assessment and treatment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Experience facilitating group therapy interventions
- Experience in clinical research and study coordination
- Effective time management and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with the veteran community
- Training/experience in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I)
- Training/experience in Imagery Rehearsal Therapy
This position is available for 18 months (maternity leave contract). This position is available to permanent Australian residents only.
Applicants must supply the following documents: cover letter, resume, and selection criteria responses. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 20 January 2020.