Current Positions Available
We are currently recruiting for the position outlined below. For other enquiries please contact Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Officer/Clinical Psychologist
- 4 days (30.4 hours) weekly, 12 month maternity leave contract
- Location: Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation, Greenslopes Private Hospital, Greenslopes
The Veteran Mental Health initiative at Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation (GMRF) within Greenslopes Private Hospital (http://www.gallipoliresearch.com.au/) conducts research on a range of psychological and physical conditions affecting the health of ex-service personnel and their families in the greater Australian community.
The Foundation is currently seeking a highly organised and flexible clinical psychologist/researcher to support the GMRF veteran research initiatives.
Support the team of the Veteran Mental Health Initiative in delivering psychosocial research outcomes. This will be done through the following:
- Conduct clinical psychological assessments and screening in line with research protocols.
- Facilitate group therapy/interventions in line with research protocols.
- Conduct psycho-education and training for health practitioners working with the veteran community.
- Develop clinical resources required for projects in line with research protocols.
- Contribute to protocol development for new and existing research projects focused on veteran mental health and well-being.
- Complete human research ethics applications.
- Coordinate and manage the timelines for several psychosocial research projects.
- Conduct literature reviews, data collection, data analysis and write manuscripts/reports.
Communication & Liaison activities:
- Present research findings at academic conferences.
- Present research information and findings at community and veteran specific forums.
- Attend relevant stakeholder forums, meetings etc. to promote the activities of the Foundation.
- Registered psychologist and clinical endorsement with AHPRA
- Post-graduate qualifications in clinical psychology (masters or doctorate/PhD)
- Experience in clinical research
- Effective time management and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with military veterans and/or currently serving defence members
- Experience/interest in Compassion Focussed Therapy
- Experience/interest in Imagery Rehearsal Therapy and CBT for insomnia.
- Experience facilitating group therapy programs
Salary package of $90k (pro rata) + super, including salary sacrifice options.
This position is available for 12 months initially with prospects of renewal. This position is available to permanent Australian residents only.
Please contact the Leader of Veteran Mental Health Research Initiative, Dr Madeline Romaniuk on (07) 3394 7578 or email email@example.com if you would like further information about this position.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the link below. All applicants must supply the following documents: cover letter, resume, and selection criteria responses. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications close Monday 4th of February 2019