The GMRF Respiratory Research Unit has established collaborations with a number of universities and institutes, both locally and abroad.
- Lung Bacteria Group, QIMRB, led by Prof Scott Bell
- Molecular Immunology Group, Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine, led by Assoc Prof John Miles, and co-supervised PhD candidate Champa Ratnatunga
- Microbiome Research, Flinders University and SAHMRI, led by Assoc Prof Geraint Rogers
- University of Cambridge and the Sanger Institute, led by Andrew Floto
- Mater Respiratory, Infectious Diseases and Thoracic Oncology (RIO) Research unit, led by Dr Lucy Burr
- Child Health Research Centre, UQ and Lady Cilento Childrens Hospital, led by Prof Claire Wainwright