Are you an ex-service personnel currently experiencing PTSD, disturbed sleep, and nightmares?
The Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation has launched their latest study investigating Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) and Imagery Rehearsal Therapy (IRT) for ex-serving Australian Defence Force personnel with PTSD and disturbed sleep.
We are seeking ex-service personnel to complete 8 weekly sessions of either CBT-I or CBT-I with IRT. The program will be free of charge and aims to improve sleep quality. The program will be delivered by a registered psychologist at Greenslopes Private Hospital.
To be eligible for participation, you are required to meet all of the following criteria:
- Ex-serving Australian Defence Force personnel
- Age ≥ 18 years
- Diagnosis of PTSD
- Suffering from insomnia and poor sleep
- Experiencing at least 2 distressing nightmares per month
- Stable medications for any condition for at least 1 month prior to participation
- Willingness and ability to attend 8 weekly group treatment sessions of up to 2 hours per session
If you are interested in participating or would like more information, please visit the link below or contact the Veteran Mental Health Initiative Team on 07 3394 7657 or GMRF.VMHI@ramsayhealth.com.au
This project is sponsored by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs