Date: June 17, 2019
Time: 7:30AM - 9:30AM
Location: Greenslopes Private Hospital, Conference Room 1
Contact Number: 07 3394 7284
The Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation (GMRF) invites you to a Breakfast Seminar on Sleep Problems in Veterans with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) on 17th June 2019.
This free seminar will feature a panel of medical and allied health specialists with expert knowledge in the areas of sleep, PTSD and veteran health care. Including;
- Host: Emeritus Professor John Pearn – Former Senior Paediatrician at the Lady Cilento
- Children’s Hospital and Former Surgeon General to the Australian Defence Force (ADF)
- Dr John Gibson – Director of Clinical Services at the Keith Payne Unit
- Dr Robyn O’Sullivan – Visiting Medical Officer at Greenslopes Private Hospital (GPH) and Clinical Director of the Sleep Care sleep laboratory
- Dr Phil Parker – General Practitioner and former ADF Senior Medical Officer
- Dr Justine Evans – Research Officer and Clinical Psychologist at the Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation
- David Morgan – Vietnam veteran and participant of GMRF’s PTSD Initiative
A focus of this seminar will be GMRF’s latest study – the Veteran Sleep Therapy Study – which is investigating the use of innovative strategies to improve the sleep of veterans with PTSD and disturbed sleep. It is an important initiative that aims to address the high rate of veterans with PTSD who report some form of disturbed sleep.
Register for this free event below: